Reclaiming My Happiness

Hello Queen!

Long time no see, right? I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus. To be honest, I’ve been in a zone where I haven’t wanted to write at all. I haven’t felt like myself but I didn’t know how to get back to…me? Have you ever felt like that? Been in a space where you’re living at about 80%, but you just feel off because the other 20% is fundamental to who you are. Right. After talking with a few of my mentors and friends, I realized that the 20% that was missing from my life was essentially happiness. That may seem like a quick fix to some. And others may even say it’s just 20%, you’ll be alright sis. But that’s the thing, we don’t serve a God who promises 80% of anything. In fact, in 1 Corinthians 10:26, Paul says “for the earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof.” I can’t imagine that the God of fullness would want any of His children to live a life of insufficiency. For the longest time, I believed that life with Christ promised one of joy, but not necessarily happiness. In reality, that just shows how I viewed the Lord. Why would any good father not want their children to be happy?

So, I spent the last week seeking the Lord and trying to figure out how to get my happiness back. RECLAIMING MY HAPPINESS all 2019! The Lord truly does know the desires of our hearts because I was presented with the perfect opportunities to not only find joy but happiness as well. I am in a Bible study group called InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and we’re basically just a group of believers doing life together and figuring out what it means to follow Christ. We fight for each other spiritually and I can truly say that we’re a family. I say all this to say that one of my friend’s in the group created an evangelism team in which we just go out on campus and pray for people. Dope right? I’m not even going to sit here and say it was a coincidence because God really is out here looking out, okay? We did it three times this week and we’ve had some amazing encounters with the Lord. Evangelism can be a scary thing because you don’t know what to say and there may be a fear of rejection or whatever your thing may be. But, I realized that it’s not supposed to be a burdensome task. In fact, in Hebrew, the word “gospel” equates to “good news.” So if we think about Jesus evangelizing and ministering, He was spreading the gospel or good news of repentance. In most of His encounters with people, He was spreading the same gospel, in different ways.

Jesus is the greatest evangelist there is and it can’t get any simpler than that! As I went around praying for people and talking to them, I just shared with them my version of the good news, which is that God sees and is with us. By continuously finding opportunities to explain what that means to me and how it changes the way I love, I found myself in true happiness. I encourage you to do the same. If you find yourself at 80%, figure out what your good news is. What is it that excites you about God? Take that and share it with others. Whether it’s one person or ten, Jesus will fill you up with so much joy and happiness that you will be radiating like the true queen that you are.

~Love always,

Chantel Moné

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s